I have collected a few interesting and more unusual tips from travelers/bloggers/vloggers who have been in Sagada. Let us see if we can strike out as many as we can as we enjoy the cold weather, pine trees, and scenic views on our trip this coming February.
Are 3 days long enough to see all the major sights? Let us see.
- Bike to Besao and witness the sunset
Buy the best bread in Sagada at Masferre Inn Climb the walls of Echo Valley
- Conquer Mt. Ampacao and revel in the outstanding view once atop it
- Enjoy the Lemon Flavored Pie and Tea at Sagada Lemon Pie House
Enjoy the privacy of your place at Villa D’ Familia Experience Heaven on Earth at Kiltepan View Point Explore Sumaging Caveor do the connection and traverse to Lumiang Cave Freeze in the icy-cold water of Bomod-ok Falls
- Get to know the locals and fellow travelers
- Go orange picking at Rock Inn
Go shopping at either Sagada Weavingor Ganduyan Store. Gobble the fantastic yogurt at Yogurt House
- Hangout at the Basketball court near St. Mary’s Episcopal Church.
Learn the stories behind the peculiar burial tradition
- Pay a visit to the Pottery workshop
- Pick up some Sagada coffee at 18 Days Coffee Roasters
- Play board or card games or relax beside the fireplace
- Raft the Chico River from Dantay to Bontoc
Read a book while enjoying a cup of coffee
- Ride top load (the roof of) a jeepney
See the Hanging Coffinsup close
- Stay at Mapia-aw Pensione and enjoy the stunning view from your room or balcony
Trek to the Bomod-ok Falls
- Try itag, a cured meat similar to a slab of bacon, unsliced
- Try the Saturday Night Buffet or Pork Tenderloin specialty in Log Cabin
Visit the Cemetery and Calvary Hill
- Wake up early and bike to Marlboro Country to try to catch a glimpse of the wild horses
Walk along the Rice Terraces of Sagada Walk around town, visit the market, especially on a Saturday, it’s market day
- Witness the product of the local’s creativity at Ganduyan Museum
Updated (February 7, 2017) I think I need to go back to Sagada. I still have lots of items to strike out. 15 out of 31 is bad. It is not half past 31.
Credits: Ma’am Kath for pictures