Lessons Learned from Trekking Bomok-Od Falls
Trekking is not fun as you may see. It takes a lot of determination to reach the destination and complete the hike. Our recent trip to Bomok-Od Falls in Sagada made me realize that I pushed myself to the limits, both physically and mentally. I did not expect hardships along the way.
It was the first time I realized how many other things I was capable of doing if only I tried. And I still have something to give even during moments I think I was too tired to go on. To be honest, trekking was that hard.
- You don’t need a lot of material things in life.
- Water is life. I never realized the need for it until I started trekking. Water, while on trek is of utmost importance. It brings in extra energy to keep us going and maintain sanity.
- You cannot live alone, you need people to go on.
- Everything will be worth it in the end. Absolutely, not on my part. The payoff was not that great. The following week was a week of pain relievers.
- Keep moving. No matter how fast/slow you go, you will reach your destination as long as you move.
Every life lived to the fullest is an adventure and also a lesson. I did learn a lot on our recent trip.