Why I Love the Beach Even If I Can’t Swim
Yes, I can’t swim. And I mean that. People don’t believe me when I tell them I can’t swim. Maybe because I love going to the beach and I look as though I can swim but I really can’t. Thank you Mom and Dad for not providing me proper swimming lesson when I was a kid.
There are more than hundreds of reason why I always head to the beach even if I don’t know how to swim. Life is better at the beach. But, it is more than just the sun, sand and sea.
- Great place to drink and to chill. Aside from the beach, I love drinking- with sand between my toes, a stunning view in front of me and the smell of the ocean – all adds to the chilling factor of a beach destination.
- The sound of the waves. The waves has a calming effect on me. There is no sound better than the sound of the waves on the beach.
- Stunning view. I want to wake up seeing the beach and the palm trees. I bet, I will never get bored of the view.
- Awesome food. I am a big foodie. Being close to the beach means I got to enjoy fresh seafood.
- Something new to experience. It’s a different world altogether when you are at the beach.
- Enjoy basking in the heat of the sun. I always have a tan after all my vacations, because they were always at the beach. The sun also provides breathtaking sunsets at the beach.
- Great time to spend quality time with friends/family. A chance to be together without distractions.
- A great place to unplug from technology. It feels good to relax without a computer, phone and tablet for a few days.
- A chance to get away from stressful city life. I always crave for peace and tranquility. A trip to the beach is all I need to disconnect from everyday problems and stress and perfect setting to connect with nature.
Why do I love the beach? Let me count the ways.